How to choose a system
The Everyday System™ can be configured and reconfigured in hundreds of ways to suit any and every need in your home. Consider these seven factors when selecting a system that’s right for you.
Will the system be a focal point?
If your system will be the main focus of a room, such as a wardrobe, home office, or media center, visualize how much space it will occupy.
Using painter's tape, map out the overall width and depth that feels comfortable in the space. Take into account any door swings or other obstructions that may
How much hanging space do you need?
When purchasing a closet system, find out how much hanging space you’ll need in linear feet by measuring the length of the poles in your current closet.
Maximize hanging space with double-hang sections—where clothes hang on an upper and lower pole. Choose a medium-hanging height for full-length pants, short dresses, and long skirts. Select a long-hanging height for full-length dresses.
How many pairs of shoes do you have?
Count the number and types of shoes you own to help determine which configuration will work best for you.
- 16-inch-wide shoe shelves fit two pairs of women's shoes and two pairs of men's dress shoes
- 24-inch-wide shoe shelves hold three pairs of women's shoes or three pairs of men's shoes staggered heel to toe.
- Deeper depth shoe shelves have a heel catch that allows for two pairs of shoes to be stored front to back.
What type of storage should I consider for a closet?
When choosing cabinet or drawer storage for a closet, think about what you need to store. Soft-close drawers are perfect for folded sweaters or T-shirts and concealing lingerie or undergarments. Breathable mesh bins offer visibility and access to everyday items. A mesh door cabinet will protect clothing and allow items to breathe.
For closet shelving, The Everyday System shelves come in three widths and two depths:
- 14-inch deep shelves are perfect for folded clothing and shoes
- 20-inch deep shelves offer extra storage for bulkier items
- 16-inch wide shelves are ideal for folded clothing and handbags
- 24-inch wide shelves will hold two stacks of folded items per shelf
- 30-inch wide shelves will easily store bulkier items such as sweaters and blankets
What type of storage should I consider for a pantry?
For pantries, we recommend mesh bins to store produce and linens as they offer both visibility and breathability.
- 14-inch deep shelves are perfect for boxed items, storage jars, and kitchen towels
- 20-inch deep shelves will store larger items such as platters, baking dishes, kitchen appliances, and cases of bottles
What type of storage should I consider for a media center?
The Everyday System's media cabinet will store electronics and conceal cords. Use the 2-drawer cabinet for storing DVDs and gaming supplies.
For shelving: 20-inch deep shelves will easily hold media equipment and your favorite collectibles.
What type of storage should I consider for a home office?
Use a desk drawer cabinet to store your most-used office supplies. A file-drawer cabinet will keep important documents organized and tucked away. A mesh door cabinet offers additional, flexible storage—and a unique design accent.
For shelving: 20-inch deep shelves will hold books, picture frames, and household plants.